With the Holidays upcoming shoppers across the world are looking to find gifts for their loved ones—including online shoppers in Canada. Currently, over one-third of e-commerce sales in Canada are happening on U.S.-based websites. If you plan on shipping to Canada this holiday season Endicia has you covered.
USPS Mail Classes to Canada
With Endicia, you have access to all USPS Mail classes, including international mail classes that can reach Canada.
- Priority Mail International. Priority Mail International delivers within 6 to 10 days. Pricing is determined by the weight of your package, alternatively, Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes are available.
- Priority Mail Express International. For date-specific delivery and a money-back guarantee, you’ll also appreciate 3- to 5-day delivery on packages up to 70 pounds.
- First Class Package International Service. If you’re shipping small, inexpensive items to Canada, First Class Package International Service is the economical choice for packages up to 4 pounds, with 7- to 10-day delivery.
Restricted Items for Canada
Whenever shipping products internationally, you’ll want to insure that you understand what items are restricted and prohibited.
Prohibited and restricted items include:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hemp Products
- Electronic Cigarettes
Duties and Taxes
There are 3 kinds of duties and taxes for items being imported into Canada:
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): This is a 5% federal tax that applies to items being sold to Canadian customers for domestic consumption.
- Harmonized Tax (HST): A handful of Canadian provinces have opted to harmonize their provincial sales tax with the general sales tax and the total rate is known as Harmonized Tax.
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST): Provinces that do not participate in the HST collection process impose their own taxes at the local level. The tax rate varies by province and can range from 5% to 9.75%.
For more information about international shipping and holiday planning check out the articles below.