It’s USPS® price change time again! Our goal as always at Endicia is to provide you, our customers and partners, with as seamless an experience as possible for the transition to the new USPS pricing, services and regulations that will take effect on January 27, 2013.
All we ask from you is this: to avoid any disruption in service, please update your software as soon as possible; but you MUST do so before January 20, 2013.
While you will be updating to software that supports the new pricing, you can continue to print 2012 prices until January 27 at 12:01am – at that time, all Endicia software will automatically begin printing at the new rates. Prior to January 27, you will have the option with the new software to print advanced date postage at the new rates.
You may have received a prompt through your software, or an email from Your Endicia Team, but just in case, I’ve copied the updated instructions below:
- within your software, select “Check For updates” in the “Help” drop down menu and follow the prompts
- log in to your account page at www.dymoendicia.com/login and select “Download Software” in the “Software” drop down menu and follow the prompts
Now that the housekeeping items are out of the way, let me give you a very brief overview of some of the changes that the USPS is making this year that may affect you.
- Parcel Post® is now called Standard Post and is ONLY available at the retail counter.
- First-Class Mail International Parcel (FCMIP) is now called First Class Package International Service (FCPIS).
- Commercial Base discounts are growing in 2013.
- First-Class Mail 1 ounce stamp is increasing by $0.01 to $0.46.
If you are interested in learning more about the 2013 USPS Price Change and how it might affect your business, visit our website at www.dymoendicia.com/pricechange2013.
Or, even better, attend one of our informative webinars titled “Understanding the 2013 U.S. Postal Service® Price Change”. Our experts, Jessica Foth and Cathy Karaguez have distilled all of the price change information down to the most relevant pieces and will tell you what you need to know to prepare for the 2013 price change. Be sure to attend one of the five live sessions so you can ask questions. But, if you are unable to, a recorded copy of webinar will be available for you to watch “on demand” starting on January 28. To see a list of the webinars and to register, go to http://www.dymoendicia.com/tools-resources/webinars.
For more news and tips, check out our FedEx vs. UPS vs. USPS shipping rates comparison page.